Beginning February 15 through August 15, 2021, individuals and families who buy their own coverage will have a new opportunity to enroll in coverage. Whether uninsured or already enrolled in coverage, you can use this new enrollment opportunity to enroll or change plans.
Here are key considerations for anyone who is navigating this new enrollment opportunity:
- You must act between February 15th and August 15th, 2021.
- If you are uninsured, this is an opportunity to get new coverage for the rest of 2021.
- If you already have coverage that you bought on your own (not through a job or Medicare), you can use this opportunity to switch plans instead of waiting for the Open Enrollment Period.
- You can enroll through Covered California, or directly through a health insurance provider’s website. You may be eligible for help to lower your monthly premiums and out-of-pocket costs.
- If you lose job-based coverage any other time, you will qualify for a special enrollment period.
- Our office can advise and assist with enrollment if you need help.